Friday 2 May 2014
09:19

The Contract: Retro Pay is a LIE! It's Crap! - UPDATED

The MORE Contract site: http://www.uftcontract.com

From a former colleague who I haven't heard from in years:
Retro Pay is a lie!

From what I understand of the new UFT Teacher's Contract?? It's crap.
There is no Retro Pay!
Retro pay is pay for timed served. They want me to work another 4 years to make up that pay.

If I retire or leave the system, I get 1% of the "Retro Pay” for 2013.
Now what about the work for 2009, 2010,2011,2012?

A teacher that starts next year will get 3% in few years,
if I leave I get nothing. How is that retro pay?

So let's call it a pay raise over time, not Retroactive Pay for work done 5 years without a contract.
Eric
Another former activist in GEM writes:
Hey norm,

I'm more concerned about easing of rules in firing under performing teachers.

So are principals still under budget pressure to get rid of expensive senior teachers?

Where can we get a copy if this new potential contract?
And one more from a recent retiree:
I think Mulgrew planned this with the retirement caveat to:
1. Get anyone eligible to retire to do it now, to get higher numbers of dues paying members in.
2. It is the equivalent of a retirement incentive.
3. To get those who retired between 2009 and 2014 to sing praise of Unity.
Sell out ATRs - many will be gone by the 2016 elections and give retirees even more of an incentive to vote Unity.



James Eterno analyzes the contract:
James Eterno on the Contract: NEW UFT CONTRACT: RETRO DELAYED = RETRO DENIED WHILE ABSENT TEACHER RESERVES HAVE TENURE WEAKENED - Cross-posted from the Independent Community of Educators (ICE) blog. http://iceuftblog.blogspot.com/2014/05/new-contract-retro-delayed-retro-denied.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment